Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Chari Speaks to the Children of Sahaj Marg(tm)!! ... and the Adults?

Exerpts from Chari's Speech: "Chose the Happy Life - Not the life of Profit", and comments by 4d-Don.

Comments by 4d-Don are in "red italics"


Chose the Happy Life - Not the Life of Profit

Address to Class XII students of Lalaji Memorial Omega International School, 25 March 2012, Chennai, India

Babuji, the founder of the new religion he called: Sahaj Marg (the easy path) in 1945, said that his Sahaj Marg was not for: "happiness" nor for "peace"!!

(...)

There is a lesson to learn here for those who practice Sahaj Marg (tm) and/or for those involved in their society SRCM (Calfornia-1997), and who go about creating "bad feelings" for others in this life. This is a lesson for all those who make "enemies" of honest and truly spiritual people of INTEGRITY!! All those "GOOD PEOPLE" who reject "Spiritualism", (spirits, mediums, egregores, messages from the dead, etc...) and intolerance (homophobia, racism, etc...), in all its forms !!

"I remember when I was at school, I had a teacher who was supposed to be teaching English. It was a British school – what would be called a public school. And I have never forgotten this, though I would love to forget it. There was something about one word which could be spelt in two different ways and had two different meanings. I forget what that word was. He challenged [me]. When he misspelt it, I said, “Sir, this is the correct spelling.” He said, “Shut up.” The next day I made the very tragic mistake of taking a pocket Oxford dictionary and showing it to him. He became my enemy for life. “How dare you challenge a teacher?” He thought he must always be right. I said, “Of course, you must always be right. But you can’t be right when you are wrong.” Isn’t it?"

"So such memories, they rankle. It has been part of my life, much to my annoyance, because I would have liked to have left it behind long back. I have been carrying it with me for about seventy years. Can you imagine? That is what teachers should realise when they create bad memories. They last longer than good memories. I hope you have had a lot of good memories created here in our school. Hmm?"


(...)


I was shopping once in France, and they had these machines (totalling machines). But he totalled and made a mistake, and it was a big mistake. It was almost twenty per cent of the bill. In Europe it’s not polite to point out mistakes, (Those who live in Europe know that this is "silly", and probably not true!! A "tall tale" for the children!! ) ... especially as I was standing on the wrong side of the table and I am not expected to be able to total it from the wrong side, you know. They are writing here and I am standing there. So, I whispered into Jacky’s ear, “The total is wrong.” He said, with a look of incredulity, “But, Chariji, it cannot be. It cannot be!” I said, “But it is.” And fortunately, without fighting me for it – “Let us fight for it!” – the shopkeeper corrected it and apologised profusely. So, I had this ability to total from the wrong side. It was fun when I used to do it for practice wherever I went.

(...)

Every time you feel a little weepy, there must be a memory which says, “Come, come, it is not as bad as all that.” And you console yourself, pretend there are no tears in your eyes, and march off singing. So, it is essential to have good memories so that our batteries are kept recharged. Always we think well of the past; of those who were with us in the past; of those who helped us in the past; even like my English teacher who did not know the difference between ‘anonymous’ and ‘unanimous’. Those were the two words which he could not differentiate and which caused him to become my enemy because I pointed it out to him.

So, that I still carry this memory shows that it was not good to have told it to him; but on the other hand, that I pointed it out to him, showed that it was necessary to correct a teacher who was wrong. Because when we students are not expected to be wrong, how can we permit the teacher to be ‘right’ when he is wrong? Isn’t it? Then we have to say, “Sir, you are right every time you are wrong!” That would be fun, isn’t it?

Remember those which, having left his version of Sahaj Marg(tm) and his version of "spiritualism", Chari calls: the "enemies of spirituality" in his book: He, the Hookah and I" ??

(...)


PR: The trouble with all of you is you think living is different from doing something. But I find that living includes doing something. And if I am able to do what I want, what my heart tells me to do, my life is good, pleasant, happy, comfortable. If I am forced to do something which my heart says no (my heart, mind you), my head may say, “Why not? It’s profitable.” But we are not talking of profit here; we are talking of happiness. They are not the same, because if you look around the world today, the most miserable people are the rich people. They have too much: too many houses, too many cars, too many suits of clothes, too many servants, too many companies, too many incomes. (lol,lol... NOT TRUE!! Chari is talking about himself. Ask to poor to help (donate to) the rich, that is Sahaj Marg(tm) ... How many houses built with CHARITY dollars, are enough for Chari and his son?? Look in the mirror!! Hypocrisy!! ) And all they are concerned with is, “Where to invest my next twenty-five crores, or two hundred and fifty crores.” Our life should not be like that.

Our life should be happiness with minimum possessions. (Give your many "cottages" to the poor!!) You will find that when you have minimum, you don’t worry about anything. You are not worried about thieves and robbers; you are not worried about the stock market. I mean there is nothing to worry about. So, choose the happy life and not the life of profit.


Teach that to yourselves first!! ... the materialist adults who are the "inner circle" of SRCM(California-1997), are who are invading foreign commercial markets!! (Pharmaceuticals, denim jeans, etc...).

There is a difference between BEING and DOING!!

Be SPIRITUAL ...


See also on this blog:

See index of ARTICLES ON THIS BLOG, in the right margin for many topics!!

.

.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice comments. Yeah..my stupid brother-in-law thinks sleeping on bed is a sin and watching tv is a sin because beloved Master says so...nonsense...Look at Chari's property list..you fool.....